Orlando Food is not strictly about standard American food. On the contrary, it is possible to get every kind of world famous cuisine within the city. From the more traditional steaks to Italian pizzas and vegetable dishes and Asian delicacies, the city has adopted all kinds of food as its own. This has been possible due to the boom in tourism with the largest number of theme parks being located in this city of Florida.
Fresh sea foods and dry aged steaks are the best food items on a standard all American menu found in almost all restaurants in and around the city. Sushi, Sashimi and other Japanese delicacies along with some of the most authentic Chinese joints abound in the city too. Indian food is yet another attraction of the city while Brazilian and Hawaiian theme restaurants are found within the city limits as well.
Emeril’s Restaurant located in Orlando is one of the major attractions for people who are familiar with Food Network programs. Other celebrity chef operated eateries along with four and five diamond establishments and vinos are common in the city of Orlando.
History Of Orlando Cuisine
The history of the city has influenced Orlando Food somewhat but the present day variety in the food types and eateries dotting the city are the result of the tourism boom. The city sees more than 50 million visitors every year due to the Walt Disney theme parks located in the area. It also boasts of 121,000 hotels with almost double the number of restaurants in the city.
While the Demographics of the city remain predominantly Caucasian with a good number of Puerto Ricans and African Americans residing in it, the cuisine has evolved according to the taste of the tourists who find every kind of food being served here.
Popular Food Items Of Orlando Cuisine
- BBQ Texas Rub- A favorite Orlando Food available in Theme Parks, it can be prepared with Chicken, Pork, Beef or Seafood.
- Japanese Noodle Nosh- A chilled concoction of sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, noodles, honey and tangy soy sauce.
- Rum Punch- A refreshing drink prepared from spiced and coconut rum mixed together with cranberry and orange juice topped with grenadine.
- Pan Blackened String Beans- String beans sautéed in a pan along with a number of herbs and spices.
- Tandoori Chicken- The best Indian restaurants in Orlando serve chicken roasted in the traditional Indian oven called Tandoor.
Places Famous For Orlando Foods
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Café – Famous for pizzas and sushi. The establishment operated by the noted cookbook author and a Food Network chef.
- Emeril's Orlando- Famous for its unique Creole cuisine, the upper scale restaurant is frequented by the jet setting crowd from across the world.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando- The hotel includes four restaurants serving distinctive world class Orlando Food.
Popular Chefs Of Orlando
Paul Bocuse, one of the first celebrity chefs worked in Orlando and the city now has myriad chefs from all across the world running their own eateries here. Notable among them are Norman Van Aken, Todd English and Melissa Kelly all keen on churning out Orlando Food in the area.