Amanda Freitag is America’s leading television personality, and a renowned high-profiled chef.
Amanda Freitag Professional Life
Amanda Freitag has her roots in New Jersey. Introduced by home economics teacher, Amanda Freitag did her graduation from the Culinary Institute of America in 1993. After the graduation, Amanda Freitag took a position at Vong New York working under chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. After living Vong in 1994 she traveled France and Italy, working in different restaurants including French L'Arpège restaurant. The experience at this restaurant brought added culinary skills to Chef Amanda Freitag of Southeast Asian food. Coming back to US Amanda Freitag became executive chef of Harrison. Amanda Freitag frequently appears in television programme – Chopped and Iron Chef America. She hosts a new TV programme Unique Eats on Cooking Channel.
Popular Food Shows
- Iron Chef America– Chef Amanda Freitag battled Bobby Flay in the series “Battle: King Crab”. Amanda fought with Flay narrowly losing by one point.
- Chopped – The popular Food Network programme hosted by Ted Allen, where Amanda Freitag appears as a judge.
- The Martha Stewart Show– Chef Amanda Freitag appeared as guest in this programme demonstrating recipes for yogurt panna cotta and celery root and ginger gold apple soup.
- Unique Eats – A new programme on Cooking Channel makes a roving eye on good food all across America. The programme brings in good food from high-end restaurants to eateries with no permanent addresses.
Amanda Freitag Popular Recipes
- Beet Salad with Crushed Pistachios and Ribiolina – A good entrée the recipe is made with red wine vinegar, sugar, small beet, shallots, sliced, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, Robiolina cheese, pistachios, toasted and chopped, and watercress.
- Black Bean Brownies - one 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained very well, 3 eggs, canola oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips are required for this recipe.
- Black Bean Salsa –Good for veggies with tortilla chips the main ingredient is drained black bean, drained white corn, diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, green chilies, Italian salad dressing.