Old-Fashioned Beef Stew
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), quartered|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, quartered|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered|
|Lean hamburger||8 Ounce, browned|
|Spice||1 Teaspoon (Gifford's Basic)|
|Ground celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Kitchen bouquet||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
1. Combine Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, garlic, paprika, cloves, 1 1/2 cups water, and black pepper in a soup pot.
2. Add vegetables. Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside vegetables and remove bay leaves.
4. Add water to reserved liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. Return to soup pot.
5. Whisk cornstarch into 1/4 cup cool water until smooth. Pour slowly into soup pot. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Add meat and vegetables to soup pot. Heat thoroughly