Old-Fashioned Beef Stew
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground cloves||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), quartered|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, quartered|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered|
|Lean hamburger||8 Ounce, browned|
|Spice||1 Teaspoon (Gifford's Basic)|
|Ground celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Kitchen bouquet||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
1. Combine Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, garlic, paprika, cloves, 1 1/2 cups water, and black pepper in a soup pot.
2. Add vegetables. Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside vegetables and remove bay leaves.
4. Add water to reserved liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. Return to soup pot.
5. Whisk cornstarch into 1/4 cup cool water until smooth. Pour slowly into soup pot. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Add meat and vegetables to soup pot. Heat thoroughly
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1403 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 611.9 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.5%
Dietary Fiber 42.6 g170.3%
Sugars 51.7 g
Protein 78 g156.2%
Vitamin A 942.8% Vitamin C 384%
Calcium 46.2% Iron 74.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet