|Cornbread||2 Cup (32 tbs), torn into 1/2 inch pieces (dry)|
|Cultured butter||1 Tablespoon (organic valley)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Button mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Green bell pepper||1 , de-seeded and chopped|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced leek||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (organic)|
|Rubbed sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (pacific, or more if needed.)|
1. Preheat the oven.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt cultured butter and add in extra virgin olive oil.
3. Put in the mushrooms, bell pepper and black pepper, stir well to mix using a heatproof spatula.
4. Let the mushrooms cook down a bit for about 2 to 3 minutes then add salt.
5. Add in the celery, leeks, salt and pepper and more extra virgin olive oil if the mixture is dry.
6. Stir the vegetables and until it starts to caramelize on the bottom of the pan.
7. Pour in about ½ cup of chicken broth and stir to deglaze the pan.
8. Turn off the heat and add in the sage mix well.
9. Add in the cornbread pieces and stream in the remaining broth and stir well to mix.
10. Cover the skillet with lid and put in the oven.
11. Serve hot with roasted turkey.
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg3.1%
Sodium 637.9 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 72.8%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 53.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet