Planet Hollywood Chicken Crunch
|For creole mustard|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon (Grey Poupon)|
|Yellow mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream style horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Skinless chicken breast fillets||2|
|Cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Cap N Crunch)|
|Cornflake crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oil in a deep pan or deep fryer to 375 degrees F. You want to use enough oil to completely cover the chicken 1 to 2 inches deep.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the Creole mustard sauce in a small bowl and chill the sauce while the chicken is prepared.
3. Cut each chicken fillet, lengthwise, into 5 long slices (chicken fingers)
4. Smash the Cap'n Crunch into crumbs using a food processor, or put the cereal into a plastic bag and start pounding.
5. Combine the cereals, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
6. Combine the egg with the milk in a separate bowl.
7. Dredge each piece of the chicken in the milk mixture, and then completely coat it with the dry mixture. Do this for all the chicken before frying.
8. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden to dark brown and crispy. Remove to paper towels or a rack to drain. Serve hot with Creole mustard sauce on the side for dipping.
Serves 2 to 4 as an appetizer.
For more information please visit: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Calories 1362 Calories from Fat 1094
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.2%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.5 mg33.2%
Sodium 671.2 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 74.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet