Time Savor Gourmet's Real Meals Winter Citrus II
|For tangy tangerine chicken|
|Chicken tenders||1 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange tangerine juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tangerine||2 , seeded and cut into pieces|
|Red onion slice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4-1/2)|
|Lemon oil||2 Teaspoon|
|For zesty beans|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound (frozen)|
|Lemon zest||To Taste|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄2|
|For citrus cake|
|Cake||1 (angle food cake used)|
|Lemon||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Lime||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Orange||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
For Tangy Tangerine Chicken:
1. In a zipper bag, put the flour, sea salt, pepper and seasoning. Mix well.
2. Finally put the chicken tenders inside the bag, zip up and shake well to coat.
3. Place a pan on medium-high heat and pour the lemon oil to heat up.
4. Put the chicken pieces in the pan with the extra seasonings and flour. Separate the pieces from each other and let them cook for 5-7 minutes until they are nice and brown on both sides.
5. Sprinkle the onions over the chicken and add the juice and broth. Reduce the flame, and cook until the liquid reduce by half.
6. When the sauce thickens add the tangerine halves to it. Give it a good stir and remove from flame.
For Zesty Beans:
1. Place a pan over medium-high heat and squeeze the lemon directly over the pan.
2. Put the beans into the boiling lemon juice. Toss the beans to coat evenly with the lemon juice.
3. Cover with a lid and let it cook until the beans get tender. Sprinkle lemon zest and turn off the heat.
For Citrus Cake:
1. Cut the cake in half, horizontally. Alternately lay the lemon, lime and orange slices over the bottom half. Use more orange slices than the lemon or lime slices.
2. Squeeze the leftover pieces of orange over the layer. Also squeeze some amount of juice on the inner part of the top layer.
3. Put it back on the bottom part of the cake.
4. For frosting, in a large bowl, mix the confectioner sugar with the lemon and lime juice until you get a spreadable consistency.
5. Drizzle the frosting all over the cake. Garnish the cake with fine slices of lemon, lime and orange.
6. Serve chicken with beans and serve the tasty citrus cake as dessert.
For Part-1 check out this link - Time Savor Gourmet's Real Meals Winter Citrus I
For Part-3 please check out this link - Time Savor Gourmet's Real Meals Winter Citrus III
Calories 998 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.4 mg36.1%
Sodium 1104.1 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 117.2 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 105.2%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet