Fried shrimp topped with crab etouffee (Shrimp norman) is a Cajun Seafood dish which is a main dish of Louisiana. It is basically Fried Jumbo Shrimp with Crab Etouffee on top. See the video below and enjoy the shrimp-crab recipe preparation!
5 Cup (80 tbs)
1 Pound (large)
Fish/shrimp fry/Corn flour
250 Gram (1 packet)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Tony's Original)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Make Crab Etouffee according to recipe, but use less water or stock. Etouffee should be a thick consistency.
2. Peel shrimp leaving the tail on. Slice deep through the top of the shrimp to take out the black vein and butterfly it for frying. Set aside in a bowl.
3. In a mixing bowl, prepare the Fish/Shrimp fry by blending in it the all-purpose flour, sea salt and Tony’s Creole Seasoning.
4. In another small mixing bowl, crack the egg and stir in the milk. This is the egg wash.
5. Take each shrimp and coat in the egg wash.
6. Move shrimp to the Fish Fry mixture and coat with corn flour. Fan out the tail for a pretty presentation. Place a clean platter.
7. Heat oil. Fry Shrimp a few at a time until golden brown or floating on top the oil.
8. Remove the shrimp to a paper towel lined platter to blot excess grease.
9. Get some potato fries done as a acompaniment with the fried shrimp.
10. Lay the shrimp on a platter in a circled manner. Spoon some Crab Etouffee on top and some in the centre of the platter. You can also serve this with some cooked white rice and with some potato fries.
If you are a hardcore seafood lover, you will simply love this Lousiana styled shrimp and crab recipe. Beryl Stokes shares with us a mouth-watering recipe using shrimps and crabs and tops it with yummy crab etouffee. Now Cajun cooking can't really get any better than this. Try it know it for yourself.