Cajun Dirty Rice Dressing
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Long grained white rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean pork||1 Pound, ground|
|Lean beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Andouille sausage||2 Large|
|Cajun trinity||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Celery, onion, bell pepper)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (for garnishing)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shelled and chopped|
1. Boil the water to which you have added the salt and a little butter.
2. To this add the rice. Stir it up a little, reduce the gas mark to 3 and cook covered for 20 minutes.
3. Prepare a baking tray with some Canola oil sprayed onto it.
4. In a heavy base pan, melt the stick of butter.
5. Meanwhile, gently peel off the sausage casing to remove the meat.
6. Once this is done, place the sausage, the pork and the beef meat into the pan of butter.
Slowly cut into the meat with the help of a flat wooden spoon and let it cook for about 10 min.
7. Once this is done, toss in the cajun trinity to the meat followed by the garlic. Mix everything well and let it cook for 30 min till the vegetables are done.
8. After this, transfer the meat to a big bowl. Next add in 2/3rd of the cooked rice and mix really well so that the rice and meat blend in well.
9. Take a serving platter or dish and spread the rice and meat mixture on it.
10. Top with some chopped onions and pecan and it is ready to serve.
While cooking the meat, if it tends to dry up, add in a little chicken stock.
The rice and meat mix can be used to stuff a turkey or a chicken.
The rice can be seasoned with some salt, pepper or a little of Tony's seasoning.
If you are preparing this dish ahead of time, you can add in some chicken stock to avoid drying up.