Easy Crawfish Etouffee
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes with green chillies||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs), cut up|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh crawfish tails||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun trinity||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1 sweet onion, 1 bell pepper, 4 sticks of celery, 5 garlic, and parsley)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1. Chop the Cajun Trinity in a food processor by several quick pulses.
2. For preparing some rice in a medium saucepan, add water and some butter and salt and bring water to a boil.
3. Add long grain white rice. Stir. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Do not disturb for 20 minutes.
4. In a large pot, heat on medium heat the olive oil. Pour in the Cajun Trinity. Saute for about 5-6 minutes.
5. In a stainless steel deep skillet, melt the butter on medium heat.
6. Once the butter is bubbling, begin to stir constantly with a flat wooden spatula. Gradually add the all-purpose flour. Keep stirring for about 5 minutes to prevent scorching the Roux. The Roux is ready as soon as the mixture is the color of a light caramel candy.
7. Carefully, pour the Roux in the Cajun Trinity and stir well to blend with the vegetables.
8. Now start mixing in your remaining ingredients, diced tomatoes with chillies, Cajun Seasoning, bay leaves, sea salt to taste and mix really well.
9. Add to this the vegetable stock.
10. Next add the fresh Crawfish tails and stir well. Reduce heat to low and cover.
11. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
12. On a bed of rice pour the Crawfish Etouffee and garnish with green onions and celery.
Calories 545 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.5 mg63.8%
Sodium 1362.3 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 28 g55.2%
Vitamin A 557.7% Vitamin C 51.4%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet