Crunchy Apple Cobbler
|Brown sugar||225 Gram|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dessert apples||680 Gram|
|Self raising flour||225 Gram|
|Softened butter||25 Gram|
|Brown sugar||55 Gram|
1. Put the sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon powder, raisins and 300ml. (10fl.oz.) of water in a vessel. Stir on a slow flame until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Peel, core and quarter the apples. Simmer in the syrup until just tender.
3. Turn the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish.
4. To make the topping, sift the flour and salt, rub in the butter and make a soft dough with cold water.
5. Roll out on a well-floured board to oblong shape just under 12 mm. (1/2") thick.
6. Spread the softened butter, sprinkle with the brown sugar and roll up like a Swiss roll.
7. Cut into seven even slices. Arrange on top of the apples.
8. Bake in a hot oven at 400Â°F. for 25 to 30 minutes, until well-risen and golden brown. Serve hot.