|For the baked baby potatoes|
|Baby yellow potatoes||10 Medium (Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes used)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For seasoning the potaoes)|
|Salt||To Taste (For seasoning the potaoes)|
|Black pepper||To Taste , ground (For seasoning the potaoes)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as required to decorate)|
|Mustard||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required to decorate)|
|Spring onion||1 Tablespoon , chopped finely (Use as required to decorate)|
|For the butter cookies|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon , softened|
|Baking powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Colored sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required for decorating)|
|For the hard boiled eggs|
|Hard boiled eggs||12 Medium|
|Food colors||3/4 Teaspoon (If gel food color used, 18 teaspoon each color/If liquid food color used, 20 drops of each color)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use as required to fill the plastic cups)|
For the Baked Dutch Yellow Baby Potatoes:
1. Wash and rinse the baby potatoes in cold water. Pat dry them using a kitchen towel.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
3. Cut the baby potatoes into half and put them in a bowl.
4. In the bowl, season the potatoes with salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to combine all the ingredients well.
5. Into an un-greased baking tray, spread the seasoned baby potatoes, with all of them facing the same side up.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the sides of each half of the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Place the baked baby potatoes on a plate, arranged face side up. Using a cake piping bag, border the potatoes with sour cream and fill the insides with yellow mustard.
8. Serve the baked Dutch yellow baby potatoes as finger foods, garnished with finely chopped spring onions.
For the Rainbow Butter Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
To prepare the dough:
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour. baking powder and salt.
3. In another large bowl, mix together butter and sugar using an electric mixer at medium high speed until pale and fluffy.
4. Beat in the yogurt and vanilla.
5. Reduce the speed of the mixer, mix in the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture, until just combined.
6. Form the dough and place it between two thin plastic wraps. Using a roller pin, roll into 1/4-inch thin round.
7. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 - 4 hours.
8. Using the Easter egg shaped cutter, cut the dough into Easter egg shaped cookies, dust them in colored sugar and lay them on the baking tray.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 - 12 minutes or until the edges are golden.
10. Let the cookies rest in the baking tray for about 3 minutes and then transfer them on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
11. Serve the rainbow colored butter cookies as an Easter snack.
For the Hard Boiled Eggs:
1. Take 12 eggs, hard boil them, set aside.
2. Lay out 6 plastic cups filled with water.
3. Add food color into the water if liquid food coloring used, add 20 drops of each color into each cup. If gel food coloring used, add 1/8 teaspoon of each color.
4. Drop each hard boiled egg into each of the cups with colored water. Let them rest for at least 2 hours till the eggs change color.
5. Take out each egg and cut them into half and arrange on a serving plate.
6. Serve the colored eggs with a spice mix.
An alternate option to baking the baby potatoes would be to steam them or boil them.
If desired, you can incorporate spices into the sour cream before filling it into the cake piping bag.
Calories 446Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 251 mg10.46%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3568Calories from Fat 1792
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g308%
Saturated Fat 80 g400%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2008 mg83.68%
Total Carbohydrates 312 g104%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 168 g
Protein 120 g240%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet