Lemon Lime Custard Cakes
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (combination of fresh lemon and lime juice)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted, sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease 6 ramekins with butter or non-stick spray and set them aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
4. In another bowl whisk together egg yolks and butter until nice and smooth.
5. Add the milk, lemon/lime juice and the zest. Whisk until well mixed.
6. Pour the liquid into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth
7. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites on medium low speed until nice and frothy.
8. Add salt and beat until stiff peaks form.
9. Fold egg whites into the batter. Be gentle you don’t want to deflate your egg whites.
10. Divide batter between 6 ramekins.
11. Place ramekins in a roasting pan and place pan in preheated oven.
12. Fill roasting pan ½ full with boiling water.
13. Bake for 35 minutes or until custard cakes are puffed up and lightly browned.
14. Remove ramekins from the hot water bath and let cool to room temperature.
15. Invert onto serving plates and serve with fresh strawberry topping.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.3 mg40.1%
Sodium 132.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet