Browned Butter Peach Cobbler
|Fresh peach||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled, sliced|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||To Taste, grated|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a medium sized saucepan on heat and add peach, 3/4 cup of sugar, and lemon juice in it. Stir and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat. Remove the pan from heat.
3. In a separate saucepan drop butter. Swirl and melt over medium high heat just until lightly browned.
4. Into an 8x8 baking dish, pour melted butter.
5. For batter, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
6. Pour buttermilk and mix until everything is moistened. Do not over mix.
7. Pour batter in baking dish, and top it with peach slices, almond, brown sugar, and nutmeg.
8. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
9. Serve peach cobbler with ice cream, if desired.
If you do not have butter milk, add a teaspoon of lemon juice in milk and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
To peel peach easily make a little cut at the bottom and pop it in boiling water for 35-45 seconds. Put it in ice bath to stop cooking. Peel and chop.
Add more sugar if the peach is sour.
You can use apple, berries or anything you like.
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.6 mg13.5%
Sodium 141.8 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 56 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet