I can't stop talking about Shea's potluck, so many awesome raw food recipes! Today, we'll show you how to make one that rivals the Outback Bloomin' Onion.
3 Pound, grated, mashed
1 Cup (16 tbs), ground
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (to taste)
1. Set the dehydrator to 145 degrees.
2. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
3. In a large bowl, put onion, ground flax seeds, ground sunflower seeds, olive oil, tamari and agave.
4. Mix them well till all are combined into a batter consistency.
5. Pour half of the bread batter on one dehydrator sheet and spread it using clean hands evenly. Thickness can be as desired.
6. Using a knife score the batter into equal portion to make it easier to break once dehydrated.
7. Repeat this with the other half of the batter.
8. Put it in the dehydrator and dehydrate it for 1 hour.
9. After 1 hour reduce the setting to 105 degrees and continue to dehydrate for another 24 hours.
10. Half way through or after around 12 hours, remove the Teflon sheet and flip the bread to dehydrate evenly.
11. In a serving plate, break the onion bread slices and serve it fresh with almond or cashew cheese or any other topping of choice or as it is.
The batter can be garnished with sesame seeds (black and white), almond slices and cilantro if desired.