You can make tomato basil soup just like La Madeleine makes. This is an easy to prepare soup that can be put together in under 30 minutes. This soup is made with canned tomatoes so you can make this soup any time of year.
4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled, cored and chopped (or use crushed canned whole tomatoes)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
Fresh basil leaves
14 Medium, washed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Sweet, unsalted butter
Cracked black pepper
1. In a sauce pan, heat together tomato juice and diced tomatoes.
2. Add basil leaves and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add butter and heavy cream and give it a stir.
4. In a blender or using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup.
5. Season with salt.
6. Pour in a bowl and serve the soup piping hot.
You could substitute half the tomato juice with chicken or vegetable stock if desired.