I've got to confess, I love this stuff. So will you. I can't tell you how to make the Original Recipe KFC, but the Extra Crispy is easy to do with stuff you have at home.
For the brine
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For the milk wash
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
For the breading
All purpose flour
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1. In large container mix water with seasoned salt and brine the chicken overnight in the brine wash.
2. Next day you can drain the brine wash and again soak the chicken in weak milk wash.
3. Remove the chicken from the milk wash and then coat it with plain flour, and then again dip the chicken in milk wash followed by coating the chicken in flour, this process is called double breading and remember to do this in batches.
4. Once the chicken is breaded start frying the chicken, make sure that the oil temperature at the beginning is 375 degree and once the chicken pieces go in you have to reduce the temperature to 335 degree.
5. Once the chicken is golden brown remove the chicken.
6. You can serve the fried chicken with fresh salad on the side.
Double breading helps to make the chicken extra crispy.