Wegmans Grilled Romaine & BBQ Bacon Salad
|Red onion||1 Small, thickly sliced (threaded on skewer lollipop-style.)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Fresh romaine hearts||22 Ounce, halved (Wegmans 2 Food You Feel Good About)|
|Yogurt blue cheese dressing||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided (Wegmans)|
|Bacon rashers||4 Ounce, sliced (Food You Feel Good About Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon)|
|Bbq sauce||2 Tablespoon, divided (Wegmans Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce)|
|Blue cheese||4 Tablespoon, divided (Amablu St. Pete's Crumbled)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place bacon on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Baste evenly and thoroughly with BBQ sauce.
3. Cook 16-17 min in oven, watching carefully. Remove from oven. Turn bacon over; baste with remaining BBQ sauce.
Return to oven. Cook 17-20 min until bacon is deep brown color, watching carefully to keep from burning.
4. Transfer bacon to clean parchment paper; let drain and cool.
5. Preheat grill on MEDIUM-HIGH for 10 minutes.
6. Season both sides of onion slices with salt and pepper, brush with basting oil (too much oil will cause flare-ups on the grill).
7. Grill onion with cover closed for about 5 minutes. Turn over; brush with basting oil and grill for 5-7 minutes more until it’s tender.
8. Slice romaine hearts in half and drizzle it with basting oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Place romaine on grill, about 30 seconds for each side, just long enough to slightly mark and warm through.
10. Transfer the romaine on plates and drizzle with dressing.
11. Top each salad with onions, 1 slice crumbled BBQ bacon, and 1 Tablespoon blue cheese.
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 943
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.3 mg35.4%
Sodium 2010.4 mg83.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 241.7% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 0.53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet