I grew up on sweet iced tea and if I go too long without drinking it something seriously feels off. I'm totally HOOKED!! Besides it being so easy, cheap and refreshing there is just something about a cold glass of southern sweet iced tea on a hot day that just makes everything right with the world. Make it. Love it.
10 Cup (160 tbs), divided (2-boiling; 8- make tea)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 1/2-2)
1. In a large bowl, heat 2 cups of water in the microwave until boiling. Take about 10 minutes.
2. Add a pinch of baking soda.
3. Drop in the tea bags. Let tea steep for 7 minutes.
4. Carefully remove tea bags and discard. Do not press on tea bags.
5. Add sugar and stir until sugar completely dissolved.
6. Pour into a serving pitcher.
7. Add in 8 cups of cold water.
8. Refrigerate until ice cold.
9. Fill a serving glass with ice and fill with tea, garnish with lime slice and serve.