I am a big fan of BBQ Sauce, but most Barbeque sauces out there have tons of High Fructose Corn Syrup as well as way too many preservatives in them which make them unhealthy. I decided to tackle this task of making a healthy version of a KC Masterpiece, except It will have my own spin on it. It will be healthy, natural, low in sugar and fat, and full of vitamins and minerals.
3⁄4 , roughly chop
8 , chop
24 , roughly chop
2 Medium, squeeze (Juice only)
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
1 Teaspoon, ground
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (You can use spiced rum)
1. In a pan, heat oil and add garlic cloves and sauté.
2. Add onions to the hot oil and sauté gently until brown.
3. Once browned, add into the vita mixer and add Habanero peppers according to taste ( 1-4). Add the tomatoes as well to the mixer and blend till smooth.
4. Add into a cooking pot on medium high and heat through gently. Keep stirring on gentle heat.
5. Add the bay leaves, ground clove, pepper, sea salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, turmeric, rice vinegar, mirin and Worcestershire sauce, scotch and sauté till the sauce thickens.
6. Add the brown sugar and molasses to the pot and simmer. Add honey as well if you wish to. Let the sauce cook for 2 hours and stir every 10 minutes or so. Then let it simmer for 2 more hours. Once done, let it cool overnight.
7. Serve with tofu or any barbecued meats.