Warm Chicken Salad
|Chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Bread slices||8 Medium, thick-sliced|
|Baby tomatoes||20 Medium|
|Pancetta rashers||16 Medium, smoked|
|Crispy green salad||400 Gram|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped (to garnish)|
|Cranberry dressing||4 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (to fry)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (for the marinade)|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon (for the marinade)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, crushed (for the marinade)|
|Balsamic syrup||4 Tablespoon (for the marinade) (Optional)|
1. Make the marinade in a clean bowl by mixing the lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic.
2. Cut the chicken breast into approx. 1cm strips, cutting across the breast.
3. Season with a little salt and pepper, and mix the chicken in the bowl with the marinade.
4. Cover and store in the fridge until required.
5. Make the croûtons, cutting the bread into 1cm cubes.
6. Blanch and refresh the tomatoes, remove the skins and leave them whole.
7. Cut each rasher of pancetta into four smaller rashers.
8. Keep the cranberry dressing ready.
9. Cut the black olives in half from top to bottom.
10. Wash and dry the salad leaves well and place them into a large, clean bowl.
11. Using your fingers, tear the leaves into large, bite-size pieces.
12. Chop the parsley.
13. Mix a little of the cranberry dressing with the salad leaves and add the olives, tomatoes and croutons.
14. Heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan.
15. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for a few minutes.
16. Add the pancetta and fry for another 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
17. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and pancetta from the pan and place into the bowl of salad. Mix together well and serve onto your plates or salad bowls.
18. Drizzle over any remaining dressing and garnish with a little chopped parsley.
19. Serve the chicken salad immediately while the chicken is still hot.
Calories 2889 Calories from Fat 2350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 266 g408.9%
Saturated Fat 39.1 g195.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.5 mg49.8%
Sodium 7995.7 mg333.2%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 62 g123.9%
Vitamin A 100.5% Vitamin C 118.2%
Calcium 46% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet