The Aubergine Chef demonstrates how to make Bananas Foster (bananas flambe). Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
1) In a stainless steel saute pan, melt the butter.
2) Add granulated sugar and caramelize. Stir in ground cinnamon if desired. Add bananas and cook for a few minutes to soften and warm through.
3) Remove from heat and add alcohol waiting for any splattering to stop. Carefully using a long reach lighter or match set the mixture on fire to flambe. Throw pinches of cinnamon sugar into the pan to create sparks.
4) Allow the fire to die down on its own.
5) Serve immediately with scoops of vanilla ice cream.