Here's another easy and quick dessert! Hope you all are having a happy Easter! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
1 Medium (ready made)
1 Teaspoon (or to taste + few drops for whipped cream)
2 Ounce, toasted or untoasted
1 Pound (+ 8 ounces)
1) Par bake or blind bake the pie dough, then allow the pie shell to cool down.
2) If desired, after the pie shell cools down, brush a thin layer of white coating chocolate in it. Set aside.
3) In a pan, add the milk and half of the sugar, bring to a boil.
4) In a bowl, whisk rest of the sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs.
5) When the milk comes to a boil, temper the egg mixture by slowly drizzing it into the milk, while whisking continuously. Remove from heat and whisk in butter until completely melted.
6) Then whisk in the coconut and vanilla extract.
7) When the mixture is still piping hot, pour the mixture into the pie shell and push all the way to the edges of the pie shell.
8) Cover with pastic wrap touching the cream filling, chill in the refrigerator for atleast 1 hour.
9) Whipped Cream : In a mixer bowl, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Using a whip attachment whip at a medium to high speed until a desired consistency is reached.
10) Top the Coconut Cream Pie with whipped cream and some toasted coconut, slice and serve.