The Homegrown Gourmet Presents Vegan Waffles With Spiced Peaches
|Spelt flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quinoa flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Cane sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((or more if required))|
|Melted coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen peaches||16 Ounce ((for topping))|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((for topping))|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon ((for topping))|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon ((for topping))|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon ((for topping))|
1. Preheat the waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, put together all dry ingredients and whisk to mix.
3. Add the almond milk and mix well to get a creamy flowy mixture; add ¼ cup more milk if required.
4. Add the coconut oil and mix well.
5. Fill the waffle wells with batter until its 2/3rd full.
6. While the waffles are baking, prepare the topping.
7. In a saucepan, take the peaches, add water, cinnamon, nutmeg and corn starch; stir and heat until the liquid comes to a boil.
8. When the waffles come out of the iron they are ready.
9. Remove the waffles in a plate and top with peach topping.
10. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2605 Calories from Fat 732
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.4%
Saturated Fat 52 g260.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1212.8 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g141.1%
Dietary Fiber 51.3 g205.3%
Sugars 110.4 g
Protein 54 g107.9%
Vitamin A 80.6% Vitamin C 896.6%
Calcium 93.8% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet