The Lemon Drop Part 2 : Lemon Curd and Lemon Cornmeal Dough
|Sugar||7 Ounce (for lemon curd)|
|Butter||8 Ounce (for lemon curd)|
|Lemon juice||5 Ounce, freshly squeezed (for lemon curd)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon (of 1 lemon for lemon curd + 1 lemon for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Egg||5 Large (4 for lemon curd + 1 for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Rolled oats||1 Ounce (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|All purpose flour||3 Ounce (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Cornmeal||2 Ounce (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, ground (for lemon cornmeal dough)|
1) Lemon Curd : In a pot, combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Place on a high heat and bring to a boil.
2) In another bowl, beat 4 eggs and set aside.
3) After the lemon mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat.
4) Slowly pour the boiled mixture into the eggs, while whisking at the same time. This is called tempering.
5) Place the tempered eggs back into the pot and cook while constantly whisking until thick.
6) In a clean bowl, transfer the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate this lemon curd to cool slightly for 15 to 30 minutes.
7) After cooling, carefully pour a thin layer over the lemon gel and refrigerate to cool for about 30 minutes.
8) Lemon Cornmeal Dough : In a food processor bowl, process the rolled oats for 30 seconds.
9) Then add the flour, sugar, cornmeal, salt together and mix until blended.
10) Melt the butter in microwave for 1 minute and allow to cool down.
11) Then add 1 egg and vanilla extract, whisk together.
12) Turn on the food processor and add the liquid mixture.
13) Remove the dough, knead just to blend then wrap half of the dough with a plastic wrap and freeze to use later.
14) Into rest of the dough, add thyme and lemon zest; combine thoroughly and flatten into a disc shape.
15 Wrap this dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
16) Use the Lemon Curd and Lemon Cornmeal Dough to make Lemon Drop Cocktail.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4463 Calories from Fat 2691
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 306 g470.3%
Saturated Fat 183.2 g916.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1788.9 mg596.3%
Sodium 2349.5 mg97.9%
Total Carbohydrates 399 g132.9%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.2%
Sugars 262.4 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 199.8% Vitamin C 132.7%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 70.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet