The Aubergine chef demonstrates how to make The Lemon Drop dessert. Be sure to check out all three parts and for more videos and to download the recipe visit http://www.theauberginechef.com
5 Ounce (plus 7 ounce for lemon curd)
5 Ounce, freshly squeezed
1 Teaspoon (of 1 lemon)
1) Lemon Vodka Gel : In a non-stick pot, sprinkle the gelatin in water and allow to bloom.
2) After the gelatin is bloomed, add 5 ounce sugar and melt over a low heat.
3) In a large bowl, pour the lemonade and vodka.
4) After the gelatin has melted, stir into the lemonade mixture.
5) Pour the mixture into 5 glasses and refrigerate for atleast 60 minutes.
6) Lemon Curd : In a pot, combine butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Place on a high heat and bring to a boil.
7) In another bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
8) After the lemon mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat.
9) Slowly pour the boiled mixture into the eggs, while whisking at the same time. This is called tempering.
10) Place the tempered eggs back into the pot and cook while constantly whisking until thick.
11) In a clean bowl, transfer the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate this lemon curd to cool slightly for 15 to 30 minutes.
12) After cooling, carefully pour a thin layer over the lemon gel and refrigerate to cool for about 30 minutes.
13) Use the Lemon Vodka Gel and Lemon Curd to make Lemon Drop Cocktail.