Roast Turkey basted in butter and dried herbs, this recipe will ensure your turkey is browned on the outside but that the meat is still succulent and juicy on the inside for a delicious gluten free holiday feast.
1 Large, fresh or thawed
1 Cup (16 tbs), melted
Dried fine herbs
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Remove all the wrapping, giblets and the neck from the turkey. Wash well with cold water, letting the water run through the turkey. Dry well with paper towels, both inside and out.
3. Place turkey in the roasting pan breast side up. Stuff both cavities loosely and then secure them shut with metal turkey skewers. Tie the legs together or tuck them under extra loose skin.
4. Mix melted butter and dried herbs together. Brush over entire turkey.
5. Cover the roasting pan with tinfoil. Bake turkey at 375°, using the cooking time chart in the video.
6. Remove the tinfoil for the last hour of cooking, except for around the wings. Baste the turkey every 10 minutes.
7. Remove the tinfoil from the turkey wings for the last twenty minutes and continue baking every ten minutes.
8. The turkey is cooked when a meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 180°, make sure you do not touch any bone.
9. Once cooked, tent the turkey with tinfoil and let sit for 25-30minutes before carving.