2. In a bowl mix butter and sugar with a spatula until well incorporated.
3. Use the electric mixer thereafter and mix very well.
4. Add egg and mix well.
5. Scrape the edges using a rubber spatula.
6. Mix flour cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
7. Take the butter milk and add a pinch of food color to it.
8. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches and mix well.
9. Once it is well mixed add vanilla extract making sure to not over mix it.
10. Brush cup cake tray with oil and dust with flour so that the cakes donot stick to the bottom and can come out easily while removing them,
11. Fill the trays and bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
12. Check by piercing with a toothpick if it comes out clean.
13. Decorate with a good topping and gift your loved ones.