Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
|Sun dried tomatoes||1 Quart, marinated in olive oil|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (Or As Per Taste)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (2 Tablespoon - For Marinating Sun-Dried Tomatoes, 4 Tablespoon Or 0.25 Cup - For The Pesto)|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (For Diluting The Spread Consistency)|
1. In a food processor or blender place the first 6 ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. If you want a thinner consistency, thin with water to desired texture.
3. Adjust salt and pepper to taste preference.
4. Place in a bowl, cover and chill for at least an hour.
5. Serve with rice crackers or veggies as a dip.
Calories 809 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5445.9 mg226.9%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.6%
Sugars 89 g
Protein 34 g68.1%
Vitamin A 46.9% Vitamin C 160.4%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 121.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet