Chesapeake Ray Soup
|Garlic cloves||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Hot sauce||2 Dash, dashes|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium)|
|Fresh green beans||6 Ounce, diced|
|Ray fillets||3 Pound, cut into medium pieces (Chesapeake)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lard||1 Tablespoon (Shortening)|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), chopped|
|Chicken stock/Shrimp / fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||2 Dash|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mild salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (Medium Size Carrots)|
|Green beans||6 Ounce, diced|
|Fish fillet||3 Pound, cut into medium size pieces (Chesapeake Ray Fillet)|
1. In a saucepan heat fat and mix flour to it stirring to make roux.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion begins to clear and the roux is thick.
3. Add a can of fluffy diced tomatoes, some chicken stock or vegetable stock or both.
4. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Season with oregano, cumin, chili tobasco sauce and celery and simmer a little bit.
6. Add mild salsa and stir.
7. Once it comes to a boil add diced carrots, green beans and stir simmering for about 10 minutes.
8. Cut the chesapeake ray wings into small pieces and add into the simmering soup.
9. Let it cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
10. Ladle into a soup plate and serve.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.9 mg38%
Sodium 210.9 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 40 g80.8%
Vitamin A 67.1% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet