Seared Rockfish with Blueberry Salsa
|Cooked corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fennel stalks||1 , diced|
|Rockfish fillets||24 Ounce (4 Fresh Fillets, Each 5 Ounce - 6 Ounce , About 1-Inch Thick)|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), precooked|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Fennel stalk||1 Medium, diced|
1. Season rockfish with salt and pepper.
2. In a pan heat oil to medium high and place the fish in it.
3. In another pan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and add chopped shallots.
4. Sauté for 2 minutes and add white wine and simmer until almost dry.
5. Cut the top off the fennel.
6. Dice the fennel and then chop into small pieces.
7. Add into the onion and mix.
8. Stir adding some minced garlic, red pepper and corn.
9. Add some blueberries and stir well.
10. Add red wine vinegar, juice of 1/2 lemon.
11. Cook the rice until done and mix saffron.
12. On a serving plate add a little rice, place the fish and top with the salsa.
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg45.4%
Sodium 229.3 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 41 g81.3%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 96.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet