Red Potato and Broccoli Soup
|Red potatoes||1 3⁄4 Pound (Unpeeled)|
|Cubed italian bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), lightly toasted (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Red potatoes||1 3⁄4 Pound, unpeeled|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Italian bread||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into 0.5 inch cubes, lightly toasted|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, washed|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cut potatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan, add oil, then a little bit of garlic and onion and sauté until the onions are clear.
3. Add the potatoes in and some chicken stock just enough to cover potatoes.
4. Cut the broccoli starting from the bud ends and then the stems.
5. Add the broccoli stems to the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are done.
6. Cut up the broccoli florets further and stir them into the soup.
7. Cook for about 5 more minutes until the florets are done.
8. Add half and half and let it come to a boil.
9. Let it cook for about 5 or 7 more minutes.
To toast the bread crumbs:
10. In a bowl add Italian bread crumbs cut into cubes, olive oil sprinkles and shredded parmesan cheese and mix.
11. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees until they are golden brown.
1. Take a serving bowl, ladle 3-4 servings of the soup and add the toasted bread crumbs.
2. Arrange some croutons on the top and serve.
Calories 2355 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg29%
Sodium 3108.2 mg129.5%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.2 g108.7%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 91 g181.1%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 607.6%
Calcium 78.4% Iron 104.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet