Nothing warms you up on cold fall day like a hearty bowl of soup. Chef Maxwell mixes up a tasty potato and broccoli soup for November.
1 3⁄4 Pound (Unpeeled)
Cubed italian bread
2 Cup (32 tbs), lightly toasted (1/2 Inch Cubes)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated
1 3⁄4 Pound, unpeeled
2 Medium, minced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
Chicken stock/Vegetable stock
7 Cup (112 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into 0.5 inch cubes, lightly toasted
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1 Pound, washed
Half and half
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cut potatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan, add oil, then a little bit of garlic and onion and sauté until the onions are clear.
3. Add the potatoes in and some chicken stock just enough to cover potatoes.
4. Cut the broccoli starting from the bud ends and then the stems.
5. Add the broccoli stems to the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are done.
6. Cut up the broccoli florets further and stir them into the soup.
7. Cook for about 5 more minutes until the florets are done.
8. Add half and half and let it come to a boil.
9. Let it cook for about 5 or 7 more minutes.
To toast the bread crumbs:
10. In a bowl add Italian bread crumbs cut into cubes, olive oil sprinkles and shredded parmesan cheese and mix.
11. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees until they are golden brown.
1. Take a serving bowl, ladle 3-4 servings of the soup and add the toasted bread crumbs.
2. Arrange some croutons on the top and serve.