Basic Fresh Marinara Sauce
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Pasta/Zucchini spaghetti||12 Ounce|
|Ripe tomatoes||10 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
1. Remove the core from the tomatoes and score the blossom end.
2. In a saucepan boil water and drop tomatoes into it.
3. After one minute, remove the tomatoes and place them in ice water to chill. Once cooled, the skins will slip off.
4. Over a bowl cut the tomatoes into quarters and squeeze out the seeds.
5. Strain the resulting mixture, saving the juice, discard the seeds and dice the tomatoes.
6. In a sauce pan heat the olive oil and fry the garlic.
7. Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, sugar and pepper.
8. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes and then add the basil.
9. Cook the sauce for another 10 minutes or until the tomato water has reduced by half.
10. Taste and correct the seasoning.
11. Serve over pasta or vegetables or top with grated Romano cheese and serve with bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2324 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2175.5 mg90.6%
Total Carbohydrates 451 g150.3%
Dietary Fiber 70.1 g280.4%
Sugars 141.7 g
Protein 86 g171.3%
Vitamin A 781.7% Vitamin C 986.4%
Calcium 59.6% Iron 125%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet