Join Toby in preparing this delicious veggie burger recipe from "Glycemic Index Cookbook for Dummies" by Registered Dietitians Meri Raffetto and Roseanne Rust. At only 15.5 net carb grams, it's agreat way to reduce saturated fat on burger day.
Cheddar cheese slices
15 Ounce, rinsed and drained
Plain dry breadcrumbs
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
1 Tablespoon ((your favorite))
2 Tablespoon, chopped
Whole wheat hamburger buns
4 Small (Optional)
Cooking oil spray
1. In a medium bowl, take the drained beans and using a fork, mash it nice.
2. Add the breadcrumbs, onion, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chilli powder, oregano and cilantro; mix well.
3. Using wet hands make 4 patties of 3-4 inch size.
4. Heat a large skillet and spray with vegetable cooking oil, cook the black bean burger for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium high heat.
5. After the burgers are turned, place the cheese slices on top of them.
6. On a slice of whole wheat hamburger bun, place the lettuce and top with a slice of tomato.
7. Place the black bean burger and top with another slice of bun.
8. Serve immediately.