Southern Pork Barbecue Burgers with Coleslaw
|Boneless pork loin roast||3 Pound, trimmed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||18 Ounce|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Hamburger buns||20 Small, split|
|Cabbage||1 Large, shredded (1 large head)|
|Carrot||3 Medium, shredded|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (about 1/3 cup)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (about 1/4 cup)|
1. In a slow cooker, place roast and add water.
2. Put the lid and cook on high setting for 7 hours.
3. Remove the meat, place on plate and shred by pulling apart with 2 forks, return to slow cooker.
4. Add in sauces, salt and pepper, stir, put the lid and cook on low setting for one hour.
5. In a bowl, put together cabbage and carrots.
6. In another bowl, blend together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar and toss with cabbage mixture.
7. Serve the roast on buns, topped with coleslaw.
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 123.2 mg41.1%
Sodium 916.9 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 43 g86.6%
Vitamin A 70.5% Vitamin C 65%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet