Skillet Apple Blueberry Cobbler
|Apple||3 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Blueberry||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, diced|
|Original bisquick mix||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||2 Medium, beaten|
|Cinnamon||1 Pinch (mix sugar and cinnamon together to make a garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (or 205 degrees C) and spray a 9 1/2-inch cast iron skillet with nonstick spray then place the skillet onto a foil lined baking sheet just encase anything spills over during the baking process.
2. In a small bowl stir together the granulated sugar, water, cornstarch and apple pie spice until well mixed and lump free. Place the apples into the skillet then pour this mixture over the apples and dot the top with 1 tablespoon of diced butter and bake for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, to make the biscuit topping, in a medium bowl combine the chilled diced butter with the Bisquick and begin to pinch the butter and Bisquick between your fingers until you've got a crumbly mixture. You could use a pastry blender or two knives instead of your fingers if you want. Add the brown sugar and continue pinching until you have a coarse sandy texture with butter pieces about the size of lentils.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir the milk and beaten eggs into the dry ingredients until just combined but don’t over-mix.
5. Once the 20 minutes has elapsed on the apples, remove them from the oven. They’ll have a dry appearance on top until you stir the syrupy juice up from the bottom. Add the berries and stir gently to evenly distribute.
6. Spoon the batter over the apple blueberry mixture covering the top almost completely leaving only a few small holes. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top and bake for an additional 16 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool the skillet until it’s just warm before serving.
7. Serve warm
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 103 mg34.3%
Sodium 380.5 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 8% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet