This video will show you how to make a pot of well-seasoned, southern, soul food green beans! Made with fresh green beans, chicken broth, garlic, onions, smoked meat, butter, Lawry's seasoning salt and black pepper!
1. Wash the green beans.
2. Snap off the ends of the greens beans and cut or snap the green beans into pieces. Set aside.
3. Finely dice onion, garlic, and smoked sausage. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan or pot, melt butter.
5. Add in onion, garlic, smoked sausage and chicken broth.
6. Bring to a boil and add in rd pepper flakes
7. Add in green beans.
8. Cover and simmer for 1- 1 1/2 hours. Check the green beans every 5 minutes after the one hour mark. You don’t want to overcook them or they will be mushy!
9. Season with seasoning salt & black pepper.
Southern green beans are Monique's favorite as her mom used to prepare it. Its not strictly vegetarian but the bacon and stock provide an added zing to the dish. Monique teaches us how to make a classic Southern dish with several unique twists