New York Cheesecake
|For the base of the cake|
|Graham crackers/Digestive biscuits||250 Gram|
|Cane sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||150 Gram|
|For the topping|
|Sour cream||7 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the custard|
|Heavy cream||100 Milliliter|
|Cream cheese||21 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), before pouring the custard in the pan.
2. Grease the spring form pan with butter and place the parchment paper cut in the same diameter of pan base.
3. In a food processor grind the graham cracker and cane sugar, grind until coarse.
4. Once done transfer in a bowl and add the melted butter, mix together until you get a dense mixture.
5. Put the graham cracker mix in the pan and cover the bottom and the sides, press it down gently.
6. Once done place the crust in the refrigerator for an hour and if in the freezer then 30 minutes.
7. In the meantime, in a bowl combine cream cheese, cornstarch, eggs, heavy cream and the sugar, mix everything well.
8. Add the salt and lemon juice and stir well.
9. Once done pour the custard into the crust spread it evenly and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. After 30 minutes reduce the temperature to 320°F (160°C) and continue to bake for further 30 minutes.
11. In the meantime, in a bowl combine sour cream, powdered sugar and the vanilla extract, mix well.
12. Spread a layer of the sour cream mixture on top and bake for 5 minutes at 360°F (180°-190°C).
13. Once done remove and let it cool on the cooling rack.
14. Garnish the cheesecake with fresh strawberries and caramel.
15. Serve the cheesecake after a hearty meal.