Parsley Sauce with Chef MJ Feeke
|Curly leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For salad dressing|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sage||1 Tablespoon, blanched and finely chopped|
1. In a medium size saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Place the curly parsley on a strainer and add into the boiling water. Blanch for 15 seconds.
3. Remove from water and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
4. Place the curly parsley on paper towels and pat dry. Repeat the process with flat parsley and chives.
5. Transfer the herbs to a small jar and blend with immersion blender. Gradually pour in canola oil and pulse to combine ingredients. Pour in the base to a small bowl, for making dressing.
6. Recipe follows.
1. Into the base, add in the sage and vanilla bean. Blend with immersion blender and refrigerate the sauce for 3-5 days.
2. Recipe follows.
For Salad Dressing
1. Into the base add in the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Whisk well with spoon.
3. In a plate place roasted chicken, green salad and haloumi. Drizzle salad dressing over the green salad and sauce over the chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32.8 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0.38 g0.13%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.02 g0.05%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 0.3% Iron 0.14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet