In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make a Gooey Butter Cake. This cake originated in St. Louis, Missouri. It is very easy to make, particularly with the use of a packaged cake mix. If you are looking for an easy, great-tasting cake for Easter, this might be it!
Cooking oil spray
For the base
Yellow cake mix packet
18 1⁄4 Ounce
1 , divided (1+2)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted, cooled, divided (1 stick)
For the top
8 Ounce, softened
16 Ounce (powdered sugar or icing sugar)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, egg, and melted butter. Using an electric mixer, beat until mixed.
4. Into the baking dish transfer the mixture and press it firmly and evenly. Set aside.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Beat to combine.
7. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat well.
8. Spread the mixture evenly over the base and pop it in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
9. Cut into slices and serve.
You can keep the cake in refrigerator for a couple of days.