In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Oven-Baked Mini Reubens. These are reuben-style finger sandwiches that you can make on cocktail rye bread from your leftover St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef!
Rye bread slices
24 (cocktail rye bread)
Thousand island dressing
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)
Cooked corned beef slices
24 (slices to fit the bread)
8 Ounce, sliced into 24 slices to fit the bread
14 1⁄2 Ounce, well drained and shredded
1 Tablespoon (For greasing)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease a large shallow baking pan with butter and set aside.
3. Also, grease the back side of a matching baking pan.
4. To assemble spread dressing on one side of two bread pieces and top with a slice of Swiss cheese followed by a slice of corned beef.
5. Place a small amount of drained sauerkraut on one of the prepared sandwich halves and put the two halves together.
6. Place it on the greased baking pan and repeat the process for the remaining slices of bread.
7. Now, place the other baking pan, buttered side down, on top of the assembled bread pieces and press well.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and the bread is nice and golden.