Betty's Classic King Ranch Chicken Casserole
|3-pepper and onion blend||12 Ounce, frozen|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped or shredded|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Diced tomatoes with chilies||10 Ounce, undrained (Rotel brand is quite often used)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn tortilla||10 , cut into 1-inch squares (6-inch)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2|
|Cooking oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
3. Place a saucepan over medium flame, heat olive oil and saute frozen 3-pepper and onion blend until softened.
4. Into a large mixing bowl, drain and transfer the pepper onion mixture.
5. Add cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and garlic salt. Mix well.
6. Into the prepared baking dish, ladle 1/3 of the chicken mixture and spread evenly.
7. Evenly spread 1/3 of the corn tortilla squares over the top.
8. Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded Cheddar cheese on top of tortilla squares and repeat the layers ending with cheese.
9. Pop the dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
10. Remove from oven and serve hot.
You may substitute 3 pepper and onion blend with 1 chopped onion plus ½ chopped green bell pepper, ½ chopped red bell pepper, and ½ chopped yellow bell pepper.