Betty's Happy Mother's Day Hummingbird Cake
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Tablespoon (or 1 1/2 teaspoons)|
|Crushed pineapple||8 Ounce, undrained|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Banana||2 (about 2 cups)|
|Cream cheese frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more as needed)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease, line, and flour three 9-inches round cake pans as shown in the video and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. Add beaten eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and banana. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and combined. Do not beat.
5. Spoon batter equally into the prepared cake pans.
6. Pop the pans in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove cake layers from oven, allow them to cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Frost cake with cream cheese frosting, sprinkle pecans on top and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
9. Cut into slices and serve chilled.
You can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.