|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Medium grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pork shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|White onion||2 Medium|
|Beef liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green onion||7 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l) (Tabasco "Habenerro" small bottle)|
1. Place the pork roast in a pot. Cover it with water, and bring it to a boil.
2. Skim off the surface, lower the heat, and allow it to simmer for an hour.
3. Do the same thing for the liver, in a separate pot.
4. Drain both pots. Save 1 cup of the liquid from the roast pot.
5. Cook the rice in a rice cooker with the 3 cups of water, according to the directions on the package.
6. Use a food processor to chop up the meat. Add the onions as you go along. Don't over do this. You don't want to end up with a paste.
7. Place the 1 cup of liquid from the roast that you saved into a large bowl. Add all of the ingredients (including the rice and meat mixture) to this. Blend it together until it is consistent.
8. Stuff the mixture into sausage casings.
9. Enjoy your boudin grilled or in a stew or how ever you like it!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2840 Calories from Fat 899
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154%
Saturated Fat 33.7 g168.6%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 1045.6 mg348.5%
Sodium 7670.9 mg319.6%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.9%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 197 g393.3%
Vitamin A 967.8% Vitamin C 131.5%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 157.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet