1. In a cast iron skillet, melt the butter.
2. Add the trinity of green pepper, onion and celery. Sauté until the onion gets translucent and soft.
3. Add tomato paste and seasoning and sauté for another few minutes until the onion is lightly browned.
4. Add the shrimp and crab and cook until shrimp are tender.
5. Stir in the shrimp powder and sauté for another minute or two.
6. Add the precooked rice and mix well. Heat through.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning as per desired level of spiciness.
8. Allow the mixture to sit covered for flavors to blend.
9. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with bread crumbs.
10. Cook them on a barbecue grill or in the oven at 350 degree F for about an hour until peppers are tender.
11. Serve the seafood stuffed peppers whole or cut into half.
This is indeed a traditional New Orleans dish that’s so Cajun and comforting. Bold flavors in a main dish or a compliment to your favorite entrée. Definitely worth trying for your next summer barbecue party. This recipe is meatless and perfect to make during Lent.Do watch the part 1 before watching this video.