1. Split the chickens in half using a pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Rub the Cajun seasoning under the skin and dust the chickens on top as well.
3. Fire up your Bbq Pit.
4. Grill the chicken on the hottest portion of the grill to sear the meat and keep it juicy.
5. Move the chicken halves to a cooler part of the grill.
6. Add the "Tabasco Wood Barrel" Chips over the coals and allow the chicken to cook in those wonderful smoky fumes. Turn them occasionally.
7. Fix two links of sausages on a hanger about the chickens so that the fat from the sausages bastes the chickens.
8. Rest the chickens for 10 minutes before serving.
9. Cut the bbq chicken into portions and slice the sausages.
10. Serve together with your favorite bbq sauce if you like.
Texas is known for its amazing barbecues, so of course this grilled Texas-style chicken recipe lives up to the reputation of simple, cheap and delicious! Two whole chickens barbecued with some great "The Best Stop" Cajun seasoning, smoked with "Tabasco Wood Barrel" Chips and basted with sausage drippings! A recipe that gives your some delicious smoked chicken and crispy spicy sausage in one!