You know that box mix with noodles, that all you do is add ground beef? Well I’ve made my own recipe that is a little healthier. I’ve cut out the msg and lowered the salt. Try Saucy’s version of Hamburger and Noodles.
Ground lean beef
Whole wheat macaroni noodles
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Clove (5 gm), chopped
Low sodium tomato soup
1 Can (10 oz)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Boil 4 cups of water in a pot.
2) On medium heat, in a large sauce pan add the lean ground beef, onion, garlic and spices.
3) As the meat is browning, break up the meat as it cooks. Once all the pink is gone, drain the excess grease.
4) Once the water is at a boil add the macaroni noodles until al dente and drain water. You can also salt your water.
5) Check the macaroni and once it’s cooked, drain the water. Do not rinse the macaroni.
6) After you have drained the meat, return it back to the stove.
7) Continue to cook on low heat.
8) Add the can of tomato soup and the macaroni noodles.
9) Let all the ingredients combine for a couple minutes.
10) Last top off with shredded cheese and serve. Enjoy!