Learn step by step how to make a classic soft and delicious cheesecake with Caramel Pecan on top.
250 Gram (Cinnamon flavored)
2 1⁄2 Pound (at room temperature)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the crust: Add the cinnamon graham crackers into the blender and grind and add into a bowl.
3. Add in the butter and mix. Add into a springfoam pan and press to the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Once done, turn down the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. For the filling: Add the cream cheese to a mixer and mix until creamy.
6. Then, add the sugar. Once the sugar is combined, remove from the mixer and add lemon zest and lemon juice.
7. Bring back to the mixer and add salt and mix until combined.
8. Add the eggs into the mix one at a time and mix until creamy and light.
9. At last, at the sour cream and mix one last time.
10. Pour the cream cheese filling onto the prepared crust. Cover the bottom of the pan with aluminium foil.
11. Place the vessel in a water bath and bake 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
12. Once cooled, place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Only completely chilled, remove the springfoam top
12. For the caramel topping: In a pan, add the sugar and water and stir continuously. When it starts to bubble. When the mix turns dark gold, turn off the heat.
13. Add the heavy cream and stir constantly to let it melt. Pour into a container and let it cool completely.
14. Toast the pecans in a pan. Once done, chop them roughly.
15. Pour the caramel over the cheesecake and spread evenly. Let it drip on the sides for a nicer effect.
16. Add the pecans on the top.