Easter Scone Loaf
|Self raising flour||225 Gram|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Orange||1 , grated (Only Zest)|
|Lemon||1 , grated (Only Zest)|
|Flaked almond||20 Gram|
|Raisins||40 Gram (Crimson)|
|Dried cranberries||40 Gram, dusted with powdered cinnamon|
|Dried apricots||30 Gram, chopped|
|Crystallized ginger||10 Gram, finely chopped|
|Castor sugar||25 Gram (If Desired For Extra Sweetness)|
1. Grease a baking tray with butter or margarine.
2. Pre heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade or gas 7.
3. In a large bowl, put together the flour, baking powder and spice mix.
4. Grate the lemon and orange zest on the flour and mix together until the grated zest is covered with flour mixture.
5. Add the butter and using your fingers, break the butter in the flour until the mixture is crumbly.
6. Add the dried fruits and mix well until they are coated with the flour.
7. At this stage, one can add castor sugar if desired.
8. Add the milk and mix well with a butter knife.
9. When the mixture comes together like dough, pick up the dough with hand and place it on the greases baking sheet.
10. The dough should be uniformly thick and make cuts on the dough.
11. Place the dough in the oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes.
12. Remove the bakes loaf from oven and when cooled, dust with castor sugar.
13. Cut it into pieces and serve with cream and marmalade.