Pumpkin Cookies for Thanksgiving
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Pinch|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 Pound|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. To make the cookies, in large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
3. Mix until well blended.
4. Add eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla.
5. In medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
6. Whisk together with fork.
7. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
8. Pipe batter in spirals onto 2 inch squares of parchment paper.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 11 minutes.
10. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
11. For the filling beat butter until fluffy.
12. Add cream cheese to butter and beat together.
13. Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated.
14. Stir in vanilla.
15. If frosting is too thick add cream or milk a few drops at a time until they are the correct consistency.
16. Spread frosting on bottom of cookie and top with another cookie.
17. Serve or store in jars for a few days.