1. Drain and slice the peaches, reserve the juice, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
3. Prepare a greased casserole dish.
4. Place the sliced peaches in the casserole dish forming a single layer.
5. In a mixing bowl combine
6. In a saucepan combine peach juice, packed brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and mace.
7. Over medium heat simmer the syrup until the syrup is clear and thick.
8. Add lemon juice and butter, stir and let the butter melt turn off the heat.
9. Pour the syrup on top of the peaches, set aside.
10. In mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix everything.
11. Add butter and using a pastry cutter mix everything until it resembles a coarse meal.
12. Add milk, stir until everything is moist.
13. Place spoonful of the cobblers over the peaches one at a time.
14. Put small pieces of butter on top of the cobblers and sprinkle brown sugar.
15. Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
16. Once done remove and allow it to cool.
17. Serve the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.